I quit the facebook.
Finally!! It feels sooo good.
We will see how I feel about it tomorrow. I suspect there will be withdrawal symptoms, possible twitching, hair pulling and potential anal leakage.
Ok, ok. I agree, that was way over the line.
Anyway, that is where the two bottles of wine come into the picture.
Although. . . . I'm not sure that I thought this through all the way because tomorrow I'm going to be locked in the house with the kids due to the bad weather.
I think we will watch some movies and bake brownies. Chocolate and two bottles of wine solves everything right?
AND a facebook friend from high school (*gasp I quit facebook what have I done??* first panic attack) gave me a reportedly fantastic brownie recipe which includes a super secret butter and chocolate technique that will make people want to kill me for my recipe. Allegedly.
He is a big foodie who manages enormous culinary endeavors like feeding all the people at the G8 summit and at universities and hotels. . . . so I gather that this recipe is indeed as good as he claims.
I hope I'm able to pull it all off.
6 days ago





How will you survive?!?! You are braver than me, that is one addiction that I'm not willing to part with! By the way, let me know how those brownies turn out!
ReplyDeleteWill you be staying here in blogland? A few posts back, you mentioned quitting all digital communication. I'd miss you and your kids!
ReplyDeleteSo far no withdrawl symptoms. In fact I feel great about my decision.
ReplyDeleteI am undecided on the blog thing. I feel over exposed with my blog - and it is by my own fault. So I don't know what to do. I really don't want to stop blogging though because it is theraputic for me to vent on the blog and get things off my shoulders. But do I need to do it so publicly? Ehhh, I just don't know.
Password protected for readers of your choice? New location, http with limited distribution? I know what you mean - I have more exposure than I'd like, too, mostly because D is more casual about sharing the address than I am (on FB, etc).
ReplyDeleteDon't go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, I know we have the telephone but that's so old fashioned and how would I see you and your precious babies? I agree with Amy, password protect. Take a break if you need to but don't leave us!
ReplyDeleteOh no. You are not getting rid of me that easily. You all laugh along with me at the smokey eye makeup lessons and my inablility to stand upright in high heels. So yes. I think you are right about the password protect blog. That way everyone doesn't get the horror of reading about my vagina falling out. I will just horrify my close buddies. ;-)
ReplyDelete