This morning we spontaneously decided to drive 3 hours north to Chaco Culture National Historical Park. Our excuse (as if we need one) was that we were on an official scouting trip for this summer's camping. And as you can see I'm still playing wayyyyy too much with my photo editing software. . . but it is fun.
 |
| The only photo in which Nick was willing to participate. |
 |
| It is really remarkable to stand next to these incredibly old structures and to still be able to distinguish details of craftsmanship - after all this time has passed. This is an awesome place. |
 |
| Look how straight the side of the wall is!! |
 |
| This door is literally the same height as Lucas. He kept darting from room to room and yelling over his shoulder "Mommy watch your head! You are like a great big GIANT in here Mommy!" |
 |
| Awesome metate that Lucas decided was not for grinding corn but for lizards to use as a slip and slide when it rained. |
 |
| Life, life everywhere. You just have to look. |
We will most definitely be back - this place is incredible. I'm hoping my parents will come camping with us so that AJ and I can hike some of the backcountry trails while Grammy and Pop watch the kids. Because hiking with kids is pure hell at this point.
Looks incredible. I've never made it out there, but hope to.
ReplyDelete