Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, February 7, 2011

More Animals

After the aquarium we went to the car and got our lunches, then went to the tables in front of the aquarium and had a picnic type lunch.  Nick apparently didn't realize that after lunch we were headed home.

We pitched our trash into the garbage and headed for the big gates that opened into the parking lot.  We got to the gates and Nick stopped walking.  I turned and encouraged him to catch up.  He stiffens up and bursts into tears.

"More animals.  MORE ANIMALS. Zooo.  More animals." 

I told him we were going home and that we'd come see more animals soon. 

He drops to the ground and screams this blood curdling scream that turned into the ragged raspy screams of a very intense protest. 

Then he starts screaming "Nooooo!  Noooo!"  as I pick him up and attempt to carry him to the car.  But he is strong.  So he flails so much that I had to put him down.  Which meant I had to drag him with one arm through the parking lot while he screamed "NOOOOO!  NOOOOO!" 

I happened to turn around and saw that I had an audience.  A pair of security guards were watching me.  I figured that they'd seen this scene before.  Hopefully.

Once we got to the car I couldn't let go of Nick because he was actively attempting to bolt across the parking lot and back to the animals.  So I then had to try to shove him in the door of the car while all his limbs were thrown wide so that I couldn't get him into the door. 

Once I finally, finally, got him in the door I then had to get him into the seat. 

At this point Lucas had enough of all the screaming and he burst into tears and started screaming at me to "STOP IT.  STOP IT!!!" 

I expected to be arrested by the fake cops with ill-fitting uniforms at any moment. 

As I struggled with all my might to bend Nick's stiffened body into his car seat I started to laugh at the absurdity of my situation.  And then I couldn't stop laughing. 

It occurred to me suddenly that I had to pee really badly. 

So there I was.  Laughing out loud uncontrollably, doing the pee pee dance while attempting to quiet Lucas, and force Nick into his seat.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes it is very hard to be small. And at those exact same times, it is very hard to be the parent of someone who is small. Feeling your pain.

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers