Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Little Lady Needs to Pick A Color

I am terrible with color.  TERRIBLE.  It has become clear that I need to select different colors for our living/kitchen/dining area - because two of the walls are just too white-ish to have with young active boys.  They are constantly dirty and smudged and I can't keep up.  Plus the paint people LIED BIG FAT LIARS PANTS ON FIRE when they said that eggshell paint is "completely washable". 

Ummmm - hell to the NO. 

Satin and kitchen and bath paints are washable.  That is what I need.  I love love love the color we have on the fire place, but am having a hard time with what to put on the rest of the walls.  Currently we have 2 walls with a VERY pale blue based green.  Very pale.  I like the color a lot.  But it may need to go. 

I want to keep it open and airy with lots of light.  So the problem boils down to this: Get rid of the kids. 

Hahahahaha!  But seriously, I am stuck.  I think I will play with the Valspar color builder thingie online tonight.  But the colors on the computer look nothing like they do on the wall.  Another problem.

Ugggh. 

In other news, the stucco people came to look at the house today.  Let me clarify.  The stucco people and the builder.  Together.  They work together.  And I got the "little lady" treatment from asshole men and was told that there isn't a problem and that they would check back in a month or two and see if things change. 

Funny thing.  My neighbor with the exact same problem didn't get the "little lady" treatment because he is a big imposing man (and he is truly someone who you don't F*$# with.  You wouldn't mess with this dude if you had a baseball bat & machette and he was unarmed.  He is a bad ass - and the nicest man on earth too.  But I'd never cross him.)  And surprise - they are going to fix his house.  Because he's a Marine and he is a bad ass.  I'm a stay at home mom.

So I spent some time crying.  I am really sad.  I feel like I screwed up.  I should have been more forceful and insistent that they see the problem, recognize it and fix it.  But instead I was talked down to by two men who knew more terminology than I do.  Good times. 

Of course AJ is gone.

Of course he is. 

2 comments:

  1. Ugh. Dealing with contractors has been a very unfavorite part of being a homeowner. Never mind the stucco terminology or your martial arts skills; the contractors just have far more experience than we do in these types of negotiations. And you were out numbered!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 words - Sherwin Williams. Their paint is awesome. Covers MUCH better than Valspar & they have a finish that's washable. Before moving out here we repainted our house. Sierra colored on it & I freaked. But it came off!

    And I'm sorry about the stucco guys. I hate it when dudes don't take us girls seriously.

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers