Our house is now "pending".
OH. I forgot. In the midst of all this we see on the offer that they want to move in on May 12. "We" EOD on May 22. Do we counter offer with a two week later date than they want and risk them saying "uhhh hell no"? No. AJ calls his new bosses secretary to find out what to do, she calls a person (note to self - send them all flowers) and suddenly she gets the paperwork moving to switch his EOD to an earlier day - May 8th.
WHEW. Thank goodness AJ has awesome people to work for that are super cool about understanding how badly we need to sell this house.
So he was making phone calls to movers, and future bosses and I was calling the realtor every 2 seconds - only to have all of our phone calls dropped because. . . . who knew that Verizon won't have a cell signal on LAS VEGAS BLVD aka THE STRIP - in the heart of Las Vegas, NV. Yes that is right. We are sitting up here on the 41st floor of a really god damn large building and we don't have a cell signal - at all. And all this shit went down today and we kept dropping calls. I even *228-ed my phone to update roaming info - and no improvement.
Then I went to get poor Lucas some underwear. Suddenly in the middle of the store I had a very distinct "uh oh" feeling. Not feeling too well in the tummy area. Sure enough. Bad food of some sort came back to kick my butt for the rest of the day, and night. My plans to drink profusely had to be set aside for more important plans to stay near a bathroom. Damn. I rushed back to my safe hotel room where I could be near a bathroom - but the lady was doing a very thorough job of cleaning - 40 minutes of cleaning. DEAR GOD you don't need someone in your room while you are in my condition.
My parents checked into the hotel. Yayy!!! They are in the same hotel - but are a solid 20 minute walk from our room. This place is huge. I can't even begin to find the words. I like the rooms, but it is a really long ass walk to get to anywhere, especially when I forgot a stroller . . . among many, many other things.
![]() |
| My Mom hadn't seen the kids in a full year because her immunity was compromised - so this was a very big reunion! |
![]() |
| Now Lucas got to say hello!! |
![]() |
| Now Pop arrived after being gone for an HOUR while walking to his car, and then back. He got lost. I got lost trying to find the parking garage too. |
![]() |
| Our room. I wanted to put it up here because I can't get over how big the thing is. And it is really well lit. Whoever planned the lighting for this place is awesome!! |
![]() |
| Our neighbor the Wynn. They are tiny compared to us it seems. The boys liked watching all the ant-people swimming in their pools far far below us. |
![]() |
| Bath time. |
Well I hope I feel better tomorrow. Over all, despite all my complaining, I had a great day. Tomorrow will be super good too.
















Hey, great way to make a home sale even more exciting - do it long distance! :) Have a great time in LV.
ReplyDelete