6 days ago
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Lesson Learned??
Lucas chased Nick down with his bicycle while Nick ran across the court. They were laughing and having a blast - a modified game of chase. It was slow motion for me because it was pretty predictable that Nick would trip on the too-close tire on the bike. I tried to stop it, but was too late. Lucas ran right over him and dragged him along for a few inches until the momentum stopped.
Both were guilty. Nick shouldn't get in front of bikes and asked to be chased, and Lucas should leave enough room so that he can stop if needed.
They both cried, for different reasons. No real harm was done, but I had a chat with both of them and tried to make it a learning moment. I don't know if I succeeded though. My boys don't seem to think of consequences or have the caution that many girls do.
I took these pics less than two minutes after it happened, and you can see that Nick is not crying anymore and is fascinated by the blood oozing from his skin. That seemed to be more interesting to Nick than maintaining a cry was.
I just had to share the tire marks on Nick's back though. It is pretty funny that he has tire marks on his back. If he were older that would be something to brag about. . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.








Ouch! Still, somehow, I'm not convinced the lesson is learned...
ReplyDelete