The wedding was beautiful. Short, sweet and to the point. There was an Elvis. There was a beautiful bride and a very handsome Australian man in a tux. There was lots of laughing and hugging and joking. There is an unbelievably beautiful ring.
I took some drugs that helped me make it all the way through to dinner. Dinner was being served and the second course arrived. I looked across the table at my Uncle and told him I had to leave - like now. He and Stella's friend Ryan gave me concerned looks. I felt just terrible having to leave. I really REALLY wanted to stay. I wanted to celebrate Stella and Matt's marriage. And yet my belly couldn't handle it anymore.
I went and gave Stella and Matt my apologies, ran in heels through the busy casino, frantically pushed elevator buttons, made it to the room and barely to the toilet. I hadn't thrown up this entire time and now here I was, in nice clothes, fake eyelashes and beautiful hair. It made me so sad. I hate the timing of this flu.
I feel somewhat better this morning. Lucas just threw up again as I typed that.
Overall, the day was amazing, and being sick is a small memory compared to seeing my baby sister marry the man she was meant to be with. I am just so happy for them both. It makes me a bit teary eyed to think of how perfect for each other they are.
I will post pics asap. We will attempt a drive home today. We are supposed to stop and see AJ's long lost Dad in Kingman somewhere. I hope the boys are able to see their Grandpa (they have no memory of him).
Have a great day everyone!!
6 days ago





I can't wait to see pics. You are so right that the fact you were so sick will be a distant memory in the grand scheme of things. "Sick" sure has horrible timing. That sucks. But YAY for your house offer!!!!!! Perhaps some of the sickness was anxiety ridden??? Either way, Hooray for beautiful weddings, family time and selling houses! Boooooooo for being sick.
ReplyDelete