Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Nothing New

I still haven't posted pictures.  Sorry.  It has been a busy week.  I'm running around trying to accomplish all sorts of stuff in a small amount of time.  I have to un-enroll Lucas in school . . . and my calendar is filling up rapidly with last minute commitments and obligations - most of which I really don't want to do.

I really want to sleep.  I really want to not HAVE to do anything tomorrow. I really need a weekend, a REAL weekend with sleep and more sleep and being lazy in my pajamas.  It doesn't look like I have any room on my calendar for a day like that. 

You know what else would be nice?  A massage, a pedicure and a manicure. OR a full day of crafting without any kids around at all. 

Well anyway.  I will be spending the rest of the week and weekend wrapping up work commitments, and then I need to start working on all the little home repairs that never happened - just before our home inspection. 

On a side note is anyone else bombarded by TV advertisements for "universities" and "colleges"?  We keep getting Brown Mackie, National American University, Carrington College, Capella, Phoenix, ITT Kaplan,  . . . . . and they all have catchy songs that stick in your head and make you want to start screaming.  AHHHH.  I don't watch much TV, but for what ever reason those seem to be the only ads on TV. 

There is this one ad - I can't remember the school - where a highly questionable looking "graduate" with some computer degree, who is going on and on about how happy her Mom is, and how her Mom now looks at her with pride.  I can't help but yell  at the TV obnoxious things like "Of course your Mom is happy! You aren't living in her basement anymore!!"

Anyway.  Just my two cents on those schools who have the need to advertise with catchy songs and weirdo graduates.

2 comments:

  1. I think I know the ad you're talking about. Mark and I saw it the other night...maybe it was for ITT Tech??? The girl was rather unfortunate looking and I thought...man, they really need to work on their marketing campaign. Sorry you're so busy, busy. I promise you will have a down day again. Just not right away. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers