The boys are currently watching an educational show about beavers and beaver dams. They are loving the show. There have been lots and lots of questions as we watch the show, which is good. We will hopefully see many beaver dams in our new state. They have never seen a beaver or a beaver dam before, so this is good preparation for what we will find in Montana.
Yesterday we were learning about rivers. Lots and lots of rivers and streams. They learned that rivers start small in the mountains and get bigger and bigger as they flow toward the oceans.
The day before we learned about water animals like bugs, fish, frogs, newts and others.
We have been looking at pictures on the computer and reading books about mountains.
It is going to be a whole new environment and I feel like I need to prepare the kids as much as I prepare myself - so that it won't be a total shock to us.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Ehhh hahahahaha!! We just got to explain "beaver love" to the boys - because the show became extra educational. Nice.
I imagine that we will see "elk love" and "moose love" and "bison, bear and mountain goat love" up in Montana too. This should be fun. I'll keep you posted.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Update:
Oh NO!! A grizzly bear chased a beaver down the hill - which resulted in me screaming like a little girl and covering the boys' eyes. The kids tried to fight to see the action on the TV but I was determined to keep their eyes covered while I loudly screamed and yelled at the little brown beaver to hurry his fuzzy ass up and get to the water FAST.
Thankfully the beaver survived and the kids don't have my arms wrapped tightly around their heads anymore. I think I traumatized them more than the beaver chase did.
6 days ago





lol to beaver love! I have no doubt your boys are going to love their new environment. They are soooo lucky!
ReplyDelete