Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Dinner Disaster

Dinner: left over hamburgers, and mac and cheese. Mmmm. I warmed up the burger patties in the microwave and ran to change Nicks diaper. I came back washed my hands and then put the hamburger buns in the microwave. I set the microwave for 2 minutes instead of 20 seconds on accident and figured that I'd just pull them out since I was standing right there.

As I waited I looked down at the kitchen floor to see what Nick was playing with and at first I couldn't really identify it. There were several roundish brown balls on the ground and he was poking at them - they were soft- with his index finger. Then I realized what it was.

It was poop. His poop. But why? How? Oh My God. I forgot to put a diaper on him. Shit. Literally.

I washed his hands, washed my hands, wiped his butt, put a diaper on this time and returned to the kitchen to a smoky smell. Shit. The hamburger buns. Ruined. No hamburgers tonight.

Dinner is served. Mac and Cheese. I put Lucas' into a bowl with a suction cup on the bottom, which I have never done before. He thought it was pretty cool so I showed him how it worked by pushing it onto the table and making it stick. I then turned my attention to Nick and began to feed him. Next thing I know there is a loud crash and something hits the wall behind Lucas. I look and he is covered in Mac and cheese. His bowl is gone. His fork is gone.

What the . . .? He bursts into tears. I look on the floor and the bowl is there on it's side. There is Mac and Cheese sliding down the wall. He had tried to unstick his bowl with brute force and it went flying. Great. Hysterical toddler. Mac and cheese everywhere.

Now the cat is helping to clean up. Toddler goes nuts because the kitty is stealing his Mac and Cheese. I see how upset Lucas is and that it was an accident and decide punishment would be mean. Together we clean up the mess and I serve him the last of the Mac and Cheese which was enough to refill his bowl.

I decide that it might finally be time to wash the kitchen floor.

4 comments:

  1. love it that was great. I am still laughing from it. You can't punish the poor guy he just wanted to see how it worked. Bet you will remember to put a diaper on your kid next time. You never said after the poop accident did you eat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my defense I was running off of about 3 solid hours of sleep all day yesterday. So it wasn't like I was being stupid and forgot the diaper. I was on autopilot and just missed a step in the whole diapering process.

    There is a difference. . . I swear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a somewhat similar situation today. Chicken was outside on the grill. Hot oil was in the pan ready for wontons to get put in. Sara was about to be standing on the kitchen chair, I went to get her down and saw smears of brown UP HER BACK! Thankfully Iffy was on poop/bath patrol whil eI finished dinner. Why is it that these things always happen when you have your hands full? All day goes by with nothing, and then BAM! dinner time comes and suddenly they are the neediest fussiest little things.
    Sorry your so tired. Hope you get some rest soon.

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers