We are just a huge germ bath in here. I think the only solution is to fire bomb the house so that we can get rid of what ever germs are on rotation making us all sick. Hey - I know someone who just got a huge gun that shoots fire. . .
You know how I was complaining in my last post about how loud and obnoxious AJ's coughing was? And I was deeply concerned about HIM keeping ME up all night with said coughing? Well he slept like a baby. I was up all night coughing my ass off and I was waking HIM up with MY coughing (and I even took Nyquil!!). F*#@ing Karma!
Took the dog to the vet yesterday for an unexplainable sickness she has been wrestling with for over a month now. They wanted a stool sample. . . Ewwww! Thankfully they gave me a handy little tool to collect the sample in. But her stools are so loose it was still yucky. She is now on a special prescription food diet for 5 days. She is also on drugs for her gut and I'm sure the vet will think of some other expensive things to do with the dog once the stool sample comes back from the lab. And if all these tests fail, don't worry because it could just be a stress induced imbalance of bacteria in her gut. STRESS??!!! She doesn't have stress! I HAVE STRESS!!
Then Nick. Oh yes Nick. I told you he'd be back to the doctor more times than you could count. I took him back today for an all over body rash that has persisted for two days now. It is a major rash too, otherwise I would have made him suffer through. He also has diarrhea. Again. He won't eat. Again. And I saw the same doctor. Again. They looked at him. Again. It appears that little Nick (aka Drama KING) has come down with another stomach bug - probably from his recent visit to the Emergency Department when he tried to bite through his own tongue - and nearly succeeded. The tongue is still ugly and the two doctors came in and oooed and ahhhhed at how ugly the tongue still is. Like I said: he doesn't do anything half-assed.
I had a parent teacher conference today with Lucas's teacher. Did I say today? I'm sorry, I meant to say at 7:30am. Because 7:30 am doesn't qualify as today when I should still be in my PJ's. Today starts when I become coherent. Lucas is doing alright. He is doing really well in some areas and not so well in others. The bulk of the stuff he needs to work on is social stuff. He gets overwhelmed in large chaotic groups. Some kids (such as Nick) excel in those situations and jump right into the mix, but Lucas stands back and doesn't know how to integrate with the group. Just like his Mommy and Daddy. We are both the exact same way. The teacher said that Lucas excels at small group work and individual work. She said she was blown away by his ability to follow verbal instructions. Yayyyy!! My yelling is working!! : ) But seriously, he is three years old.
6 days ago





Because what you really need right now is a sick dog.
ReplyDeletewhen Sara was in the NICU, Oscar decided to come down with some weird tremors, we took him to the vet who wanted to run all sorts of (expensive) tests, but we drew the line at the liver biopsy. Sorry my dog isn't getting more extravagant medical diagnostic tests than my kid....
i hope poor little Nick is back to normal soon.
Maybe you should put a big quarantine sign on your house. It would make the neighbors happy!
We've been through a "special diet" with Targhee. The vet in FL tried to tell us he was lactose intolerant. He was six years ond and never had a problem before. We tried the diet for a couple of weeks and then realized life without his favorite thing in the world...CHEESE just wasn't worth living. So we switched him back and he was fine.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE that your boys are complete opposites in their own special way. It definitely keeps you guys on your toes. Way to spice things up boys!