Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, October 9, 2009

They're baaaack

The balloonists. Everywhere you go each morning there they are and there is no avoiding them. And today I nearly crashed because of them. It was my own fault. Driving, taking pictures, and balloon watching don't go together. It is hard not to watch them though because they are so neat. But the annual balloon festival marks my escape from hell in southeastern New Mexico. One year ago I arrived up here and was amazed at all the places to go and things to do and I'm happy to report that I still feel much as I did one year ago. I am still amazed that I can go to the farmers market and LOAD UP on beautiful fruits and veggies while paying half the price I would have paid for crappy produce in C-bad. I admit that I get a little ruffled when some of the moms in my mommy group don't fully appreciate this area and all that it offers. I just want to yell at them that they have NO IDEA what it is like out there!!! Soak it up! Enjoy! But I can't do that without sounding crazy. But truly each and every day I am thankful that we are where we are. The kids are happy, AJ loves his job and I'm slowly developing a support group of friends here in the neighborhood which feels good.

A chase vehicle (just look at the sticker on the side of it)

This balloon landed in the neighborhood it is hovering over. I don't know how they decide where to land.

There are at least 4 balloons in the bottom picture. . . they are everywhere.

Here are the kids playing with some new items that were sent to them by some family. They were so excited. And by the way, this picture was taken at about 10:00am and note that they are still in their PJ's. No one wanted to get dressed and I didn't feel like fighting about it.

4 comments:

  1. I see nooooo problem with pjs at 10am! And I agree with you, ABQ has many charms to offer residents and visitors. Balloons are nice; the farmers market is even better. I'm missing the high desert right now, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy that you're loving where you live. That is soooo important. And I can't believe it's been a year.

    I'm with Amy on the no problem with pj's at 10am. That's pretty much an everyday thing at our house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. pajamas are everyday for baby and mom around here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really?? Am I just the crazy lady who gets everyone dressed by 8? I need to relax more.

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers