Lucas was interested in wielding the plastic knife that he was allowed to carve with, but he too refused to get his hands dirty with all the "spider webs in the pumpkin".
We went to a large community event sponsored by a church. It was perfect for the little ones and had lots of games to play and candy was being handed out. Lucas is a ferocious lion and Nick is a active monkey. We chose warm costumes with hoods because of the cold weather, and are glad that we did.
Look at that little monkey. He is too freakin' cute with that banana in his pocket.
My little lion was anxiously waiting in line to jump in the bouncy house and he had such a good time he went back again and again.
Nick got his spots for his monkey costume. Not sure why Dad put spots all over but it was still cute.
Lucas got his cat nose and whiskers.
And he ended up with a lion painted onto his forehead as well. Yaayyy for carnivals with face painting!
Toss the bean bags into the pot and get a prize. . . everyone gets a prize for trying!
Monkey got tired.
Lucas went door to door with AJ and some of his "friends" from the court. He was so excited that his friends went with him. And they are slightly older than Lucas so they showed him how this whole trick-or-treating is done. Lucas wanted to stop and talk to everyone and explained to multiple people how he was "a lion and not a scary lion but a nice lion". Ashley and Bubba, his friends, gently took him from house to house and made sure that he got candy in his bowl each time. He was so excited to be included and part of the group. I am so excited for him.
I think this is the first year that Halloween has been this fun and it has been so much fun because Lucas is so into it. I expect Christmas to be really fun this year too because Lucas is finally at an age where he is really into the holidays and festivities. Yaaayyyy! I've been waiting for this age to come!





Yay! I'm so glad your little Monkey and Lion fun. Looks like Mom and Dad did too! Love the darling pics. It looks like they really got into costume. Glad you had a fun Halloween!
ReplyDeleteBTW, Coop wanted nothing to do with pumpkin goo either.
This looks like so much fun for everyone! Yet another advantage of where you live, if we're still counting :).
ReplyDeleteglad you had a fun Halloween! I am looking forward to when the kiddos pay attention and get into it. At the very least it will give me an acceptable reason to have a bag of candy around the house!
ReplyDeleteAmy ER - We are SOOOOO still counting the benefits to living here. I'm not joking when I say that not a day goes by that I don't think about and appreciate all of the amenities around me. And while I'm not entirely happy with the home we purchased I am pleased with all of the kids around for Lucas and Nick to grow up with.
ReplyDelete