Earlier in the day I posted a rant about my visit to my doctor today. And it was posted on my blog. And then little Nick somehow deleted it while I was arguing with Lucas about drinking his "special flu juice". So there you have it.
I am sick. Went to the doctor who didn't examine me but stared at the computer and asked me questions that the computer prompted her to ask. She concluded I either have anxiety or allergies. I then waited in the room for her to grace me with her presence again for 70 minutes, at which point I stood up and walked out. Fuck it.
They called me on my way home and apologized. Now that I am home I am having more definitive symptoms of the flu such as chills and a productive cough and body aches, which weren't there earlier today. Wonderful. So much for my mysterious chest infection . . .it is after all the flu. If I'd have known that I'd have stayed home.
AJ is swamped at work and can't take much time off and I am really tired and the kids are driving us both bonkers. The dog is driving us bonkers too. There is the update. I've gotta say that this is unlike any flu I've ever had. It didn't mess around at all, it went straight for my chest and has been sitting in there for several days now and just today do I get the fever. It doesn't feel like I'm going to be recovering anytime soon either. But I'm grumpy and pessimistic right now so take that into account when you read this.
4 days ago





Sorry to hear you are feeling so bad. I don't know what to tell you....it's supposed to be bad for five days. That's not THAT long, except that it will feel like eternity and really suck. Sorry:(
ReplyDelete70 minutes is a ridiculous time to wait. I also have walked out on a doc in the past. I was waiting for a shot. A shot. Would have taken 2 seconds to give.
Hope you are back on your feet feeling better soon. Have AJ pick up dinner on the way home.
Nick loves the mouse. I think that is where things went wrong. . . with the mouse.
ReplyDelete