Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Flu Management

We're only in day one of the flu but I thought I'd share a few things I've learned thus far.

Things to have in your house:
  • Diaper rash cream. Diarrhea brings diaper rash to a whole new level.
  • Yummy liquids in cool bottles/containers. My kids love water but won't touch it now that they are sick. Short of serving them alcohol anything goes at this point as long as they drink it.
  • Lots of laundry detergent - scented. Accidents happen with sick kids and those accidents STINK. You want to get rid of the odors and Oxiclean isn't 100% on odor removal.
  • Scented antibacterial cleaners. I like this one because it covers the odors and kills the germs. I just cleaned an entire bathroom with it actually - which reminds me . . .
  • Remove fluffy bathmats from in front of the tub/toilet. Replace them with a thick washable towel. Trust me. Don't ask why, just do it.
  • Make sure the mattress protectors are on the beds . . . and not in the linen closet.
  • Have multiple medicine droppers. Nick alone is on 5 medications and when I want to give him multiple meds at one time it gets tedious washing the dropper out each time and he looses patience.
That's it so far. I'll keep you posted.

6 comments:

  1. don't do laundry! rest as much as possible. You are sick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. better yet, replace the bathmat with cheapo dollar store towels you will not feel bad throwing out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no choice on the laundry. There was poop all over the place. In the bed, in the bathroom. Even I, the lazy butt, have to draw a line there.

    Dollar store towels are a GREAT IDEA!! I sooo wanted to throw my beautiful bathmat out. But I think a few times in the washer will erase the pooptastrophe once and for all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Joanne. No laundry! As a compromise, you are only allowed to wash poopy and vomity stuff until you are feeling better. New House Rules!!

    I'm a fan of lysol too. I like the blue "flavor"......Did you ever think we'd be discussing our favorite household cleaning products? What happened to our lives??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha ha Amy!
    I was once hanging out with two moms down here and we were talking about the best way to clean the bathtub. I thought "what the hell!!?!?? Why am I talking about this?"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feeling for you in the midst of your flu bout. Also right there with you all on the "Why am I now finding poo and household cleaners engaging topics?" Ah, the changes wrought by motherhood.

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers