Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Boring Updates

Mr. Lucas is so hard to get a picture of lately because he hides. And a smiling picture is even more rare. Lucas is getting very good with his speech lately. He is really going through a spurt where he is applying what they are teaching him at school. I am excited to report that he is using his final consonants more than ever and is using s-blends more consistently.

Here is the normal look I get when he is on camera. Still cute. He was sitting on the counter top making shakes for dessert with his Daddy.

This is Nick playing with the train table Grandma got the boys for Christmas. AJ and I made a special trip to Toys R Us today to get additional pieces. AJ and I play with the trains more than the children do and so the additional pieces were a top priority for us (the parents). The kids don't seem to care about the intricacies of track laying, however it is a big deal for us adults. We are trying to maximize the use of space on the table while also having a fun and user friendly layout of track. We have concluded that building up (bridges, spirals and mountains) will increase the fun . . . . for us anyway.

This is how I found Nick yesterday. Somehow he climbed onto the bathroom counter top. I think he used the drawers as a ladder. He was squirting soap all over the place when I found him (as you can see). He was super f-ing pissed when I washed his soapy hands off and made him get down off the counter.





















In retaliation, today he got a hold of a marker (thank GOD I banished all permanent markers long ago) and decorated my counter tops and cabinets. AJ swears he was watching him but didn't see this happening 4 feet away from where AJ was standing. I actually believe him because Nick is really good at getting into trouble when you are standing right there. He is just extra quiet about his activities.
















WHO? ME???





















I've been FRAMED!!!

To entertain Nick, since he is so prone to finding trouble, I have him help me wash dishes as seen below. However I left the room briefly for a potty break and came back to find Mr. Innocent standing on my counter top. So. I am not sure what to do about all of this. I might have to string razor wire across the counter tops and the tops of the baby gates.

2 comments:

  1. He IS a Sara duplicate!

    The speech people called me back the other day, after being on the phone for two seconds and having taken my eyes off Sara for two and a half seconds she had found Iffy's can of chewing tobacco (DISGUSTING!) and dumped it all over the floor, then stood there screeching "ICK ICK ICK!!" I said "can I call you back in ten minutes, I have a small disaster I have to deal with"

    And she would live on the counter top if she could. ANYTHING she can push to get an extra boost heads over to the counters which includes her jack in the box toy, Little People School bus, potty seat etc, etc. So now there are only flat toys out and about.

    It will get better someday right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord I hope so. AJ is gone all week and I am freaking out a little because Nick just started this climbing thing on a whole new level. I have images of me hauling two kids to the ER in the middle of the night. . .

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers