Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Flowin' with da fiber

Lack of fiber has really set Lucas back in his toilet training so last night I made fiber cookies. Fiber should be fun. And these "babies" have loads of fiber. If they don't do the trick next time I will go for a more hearty flour selection to really do the job. The recipe I followed is sooooooo yummy that I haven't even noticed the fiber in the cookies like you would expect.

And I had lots of help making the batter, testing the batter and then measuring the scoops for the baking sheet. There is so much for kids to do when you bake. I love it. It is my favorite way of entertaining them when I am at my wits end.

Here's the recipe ( I did wheat flour and added wheat germ to the recipe too):
Servings: 60 cookies (5 dozen)

1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
2 1/2 cups QUAKER OATS (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

PREHEAT
oven to 375° F.

BEAT butter and sugars in large bowl until creamy. Add eggs, milk and vanilla extract; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda and salt; mix well. Stir in oats, morsels and nuts; mix well. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.

BAKE for 9 to 10 minutes for a chewy cookie or 12 to 13 minutes for a crisp cookie. Cool on baking sheets for 1 minute; remove to wire rack to cool completely. Store tightly covered.




No comments:

Post a Comment

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers