We are in a public bathroom, specifically the handicap stall. The minute I lock the door Nick starts grabbing his crotch and screaming at me "otty! Otttttyyyy!"
I reach up pull down a toilet seat cover and cover the seat, then I turn to unbutton Nick's pants and remove his diaper so he could "go". In the mean time the automatic toilet flushes without warning and sweeps the seat cover off the seat and down down the drain. But fear not folks because Lucas is really fast and was able to save the seat cover from the terrible fate of going down the drain. He snatched the soaking wet paper seat cover out of the toilet water and held it up for me to see. I was stunned and unable to react fast enough to stop this. I had a toddler diaper in one hand and his pants in the other. (I should mention that Lucas worries endlessly about things going down the sewer that aren't supposed to go down the sewer. It is a big concern for him.)
After getting that cleaned up we put a new cover on the seat and tried again. This time Lucas was very attentive to the seat cover not touching the water so that it wouldn't get swept away again. Nick of course did not pee, but he was satisfied with the opportunity. All that for nothing. Then Lucas went potty while Nick decided to drop to the floor and look under the stall next to us where a woman had been sitting listening to the entire ordeal. I grabbed Nick fast, but I think she saw him.
Then it was my turn. And this is how that experience went:
"LUCAS CLOSE THE DOOR!! I am not done you leave the stall closed until Mommy is DONE!!"
"But Mommy I need to wash my hands. . .Nick needs to wash his hands"
"We will wash hands but JUST WAIT. CLOSE THE DOOR GOD DAMN IT!!!"
They should make a spray that you can carry with you in your purse, like Lysol, that you can use to disinfect children head to toe after these types of experiences. Unfortunately this is not an isolated incident.
6 days ago





A family that pees togethers stays together.
ReplyDeleteLucas is a very smart little boy to be concerned about non potty things going down the sewer. Such a conscientious young man!
ReplyDelete