WE went to the park (again) and instead of playing we sat for nearly 2 hours and watched all this!! Very exciting. It is a good thing I've been brushing up on my construction site lingo (doesn't every housewife routinely review common construction site lingo??) so I could fill the boys in on what was going down in the wash below us.
 |
| This dump truck is stuck in the sand. He dumped his load to try to free himself from the sand. BIG FAIL. He was still stuck, but now he had a half load of rock to negotiate. The front end loader tried to come help him (and totally could have) but the driver did some complicated construction worker sign language and essentially told the front end loader to go straight to hell and back away from his dump truck. |
 |
| So there they sat. The boys were excited to see what would happen to the stuck dump truck. |
 |
| Then arrived the black dump truck (with a full load of rock) and they hooked up a cable and chains and hauled the stuck guy out pretty quickly. The dumbass supervisor was standing within striking distance of the cable and chains when they were pulling. Way to set the example dude. |
 |
| This big 5000 gallon water-sprayer thingiemabob arrived to hose down the work site. I don't know why this is necessary. |
 |
| AND this one is a front end loader. See?? I know all sorts of things now that I have boys. |
That my friend is probably the equivalent of taking your boys to Disneyland but muuuuuccch cheaper. C would have been going ape shit over that!
ReplyDeleteYou are so right. It really was very exciting for both them and me. Is it weird that I had a great time watching it too? I love that my kids have made formerly boring things exciting again.
ReplyDeletethis is a difference between boys and girls. though Sara is quite tomboyish, i don't know that she could watch that for as long.
ReplyDeletep.s I think that the water is to keep the dust down.