OMG.
I keep reading terrifying articles on tainted water and solar flares that might wipe us out for decades. . . .
I really need to stop reading altogether. OR. I could start living the dream.
I knew a dude who's idea of paradise was taking a skeleton of a home (no doors, no windows, no roof) and slapping a door, new windows, and a new roof onto this one room shack and calling it home. This decrepit building was on his parents property and "fixing" that bad boy up was how he was going to live the dream. He thought I was crazy when I pointed out that there was no running water. He could haul water in, and didn't see what the big deal was.
I really and truly thought he needed medication. Living next to his parents was crazy enough, but no running water?? Dear Lord.
Since then I have realized how different peoples' ideal homes can be. Some people want mansions, some simply want something that is fully paid for, some want the pride in building it with their own hands, and some are happy it if a shack has windows, a door and a roof.
So don't medicate me when I say that for the last 10 years I've had a secret (not anymore) dream of living in an earthship. Although I do recognize that I am not innovative or skilled enough to build my own. I don't think so anyway.
I love the thought of living in one.
4 days ago





Well, darlin', the good thing is, they've got em right there in Taos for ya.
ReplyDeleteHa! My family is from Taos, and I kid you not, ever since I was a little girl, I have dreamed of living in one of those houses. Philip and I have actually custom designed one in our heads...someday....
ReplyDelete