Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, April 8, 2011

Spiders and Sprinklers

There was a 2.5-3 inch long spider up under our eaves this morning. She was slightly hairy.  I've never seen a spider like this before.  The only thing I can think of is maybe a baby tarantula?  But do tarantulas climb like this?  If you have insight please let me know.
 Update:  I did a bit of research and based on the leg position, the size of the abdomen and the pedipalps, it looks like it may be a wolf spider or a close relative of a wolf spider?  Any more guesses?  I have better quality photos available if needed. 
She was really beautiful.  I had no inclination to kill her, although my neighbor felt she should die for some irrational, fearful reason.  He immediately decided she was a black widow.  I told him it was not a black widow.  I told him (nicely) to keep his paws off of my spider.

Pop and the boys fixed our swimming pool situation in the back yard!!  Problem solved for good.  Just in time to pass inspections on Thursday.





Now I need to go and buy about 12 tubes of caulk so we can re-do areas in our shower, around windows, and under our eaves.  Plus we need to re-tar around all the vent pipes on the roof.  I'm sooo glad we have "sold" the house.  One of my lilacs just started blooming, and it is beautiful, and it is reminding me of all the plans we had for the yard.  All my trees are showing such promise and now I worry that the new owners won't water them or love them like I do.  I need to let go, but it is hard.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for Pop and his helpers! I have a list ready for my dad when he gets here. Good thing he LIKES to stay busy with projects :).

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers