Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, October 23, 2009

Just Shoot Me Now

Seriously. Just kill me now.

I'm of course being overly dramatic but there is no doubt that this flu sucks. Today was my worst day yet. I spent all but 3 hours in bed with a terrible fever in and out of sleep. I'm dehydrated because instead of drinking I slept. I left the TV on (because my arms hurt too much to search for the remote which was lost in my bed) a program called Snapped all day. Snapped is about women who kill their loved ones and spouses. It was very surreal to have Snapped playing quietly in the background while I drifted in and out of consciousness.

Nick was up all night with a very high fever. Tylenol and Motrin combined didn't bring it down until THREE hours after we gave him the drugs. Nick and I collapsed at 3:45am on my bed and didn't really move until close to 9am. He has had a fever off and on all day and he has stopped drinking. We finally coerced him into taking fluids with some very sugary popsicles I had buried in the freezer. He had two Jelly Belly popsicles and then started to perk up. He is back to drinking but only a little bit at a time. I think he is alright though because his energy level came back up this evening and he was running around. I'm still watching him like a hawk though - when I'm coherent enough. He is so little that I really worry about him.

Anyway. AJ is getting sick now. I hope that I feel better tomorrow so that he can rest. Lucas was better but had a fever again today plus he is super irritable. To be honest both AJ and I want to kill the kids. I know they don't feel well but all the crying and screaming and short tempers are hard to take when you don't feel well either.

4 comments:

  1. poor babies, all 4 of you. That would really suck so much. I'm sorry you are all sick.
    hope you feel better soon. Fevers are scary in kids. They get so high, but they pull through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are so sweet! Thank you. I'm really not writing these post fishing for sympathy!! I hope you all are able to get your shots before you get this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the last few days have really sucked - hopefully you will all start feeling better soon. Do you have the swine flu or the regular flu? It's possible to have both at the same time - maybe that's why you feel so bad?

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers