Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, January 8, 2010

Lucas Learns A New Word

I'm going to a pedicure party tonight. At dinner I was giving AJ the rundown on who needs what and why - because I wasn't going to be home to help him with bed time. "Lucas can stay up later because he took a big nap and Nick needs to go to bed earlier because he had an early nap that was also short. Oh - and don't forget baths tonight because Nick's ass stinks."

I knew the minute I said it I was in trouble.

Sure enough Lucas, in his sweet innocent little person voice, pipes in with: "And I need a bath too Daddy because my ass stinks too. . . and Nick's ass stinks . . . and Mommy needs a bath because Mommy's ass stinks. I haven't smelled Olivia's ass but her ass might stink too Daddy. . . ." and on and on he went. He had no idea it was a bad word, he just knew that he learned a NEW word and was trying it out in every possible way he could. I was laughing so hard I nearly expelled a carrot from my nose. As a result I couldn't get enough air to catch my breath long enough to stop Lucas from trying out his new word. The more he talked the harder I laughed.

Finally I recovered enough to tell Lucas that Mommy used the wrong word and that I should have said that Nick's butt stinks. To which Lucas responded with "Ohhhh. Mommy used the wrong word Daddy, she meant to say butt not ass. Ass is the wrong word. . ." and on and on he went.

So here are my beautiful, innocent boys today. Before their Mommy corrupted them.

1 comment:

  1. So cute!
    Iffy is going to have to really start watching his language soon, we're still ok, but it wont last forever!

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers