Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Privacy Please



Toilet curiosity. He sees us and his brother doing it so he wants to do it too. Lucas went through this phase at this age too and right after I got my hopes up he decided he was done with the toilet. Nick has been pee pee successful about 50% of the time. In fact before we change each diaper he wants to go sit on the potty. It is a pain but I roll with it because I want to encourage him to go in the toilet. He even has gone poo poo twice. I think the poo poo thing was more of an accident than intentional but I'll take what I can get. Seriously though the cutest thing is watching him "assume the position" after the toilet. You know, the one with his head on the ground and his butt in the air so I can clean his bottom. So SO SOOOO cute. I'm used to Lucas doing it but seeing such a little guy do it is too much.

Every time Lucas goes Nick goes. Today that meant I had to let Nick try to go pee in the public bathroom at the library. He is too short to reach the toilet so I have a special position I put him in so he can reach and not contaminate his whole body with nasty bathroom germs. He wasn't successful but had I refused to let him try he would have made a HUMONGOUS scene in the very quiet library. But on the flip side I'm getting really good at diapering him standing up!

4 comments:

  1. Oyyyyyy. I'm sooo not ready for the public restroom scene. Ick. And yes, who knew standing diaper changes could actually kind of work. Way to go Nick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For future reference - did you start with a little training potty, or go right to the big toilet with special seat?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm lazy. I don't want to clean up little potties and more importantly I don't want to buy a little potty.

    For both boys we've gone straight to the big potty with special seats. But. Don't count this as any sort of success yet. No one under my care has been fully potty trained. Lucas still isn't poo poo trained due to prior constipation issues and his association between pain and pooing on the toilet.

    Take home message: I might suck big time at this potty training thing.

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers