Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Do You Have Underwear Too?

It's coooolllld out there.  Too cold for a bundled up park visit.  So we went to a fast food indoor play area because little boys have energy and crafting just isn't going to wear them out.  And I'll be honest.  I'm not above the occasional fast food lunch in the name of sanity. 



There were other little kids there.  One little girl came up to us as soon as we got there and she introduced herself as Maddie.  She said "I'm Maddie and I'm four, will you come play with me?"  Ahhhh.  That is the type of kiddo I love to meet.  What a love. 

Lucas was taken off guard by such a self assured little darling and he didn't respond.  I had to tell him what to say so that he wasn't rude.  He repeated what I told him, and off they all went to play.  Maddie had a little brother who did not want to play with Nick.  So Nick played with Maddie and Lucas.  
 I didn't catch the whole conversation, but I over heard Lucas up wayyyyy in the top of the play structure, out of my sight, say to Maddie "I have underwear, do you have underwear too?"

"LUCASSSS!!!  GET DOWN HERE!" 

Lucas slid happily down the slide and came trotting over to me as Maddie's father tried to cover his laughter up with his hands.  He hasn't whipped his wee wee out in a very long time but with a four year old I can't be sure it won't happen again.

I had a brief and hushed discussion with Lucas about people not discussing underwear with each other.  He happily nodded and said "I need to get back to playing with Maddie Mommy!"

Off he went again. 

 I think he is still trying to figure out who is toilet trained and who is not.  He kept asking me which children at the play area had diapers and who used the potty.  So I think he's trying to sort out ages and who knows what.  There is still so much to learn and to understand. 


Just the other day Nick took a visiting 2 year old little girl into his room, closed the door and turned the lights off so they could jump on the bed.  I head the door shut and immediately investigated.  They were giggling as they jumped on the beds.  I told Nick that he isn't allowed to have a girl in there with the door shut and lights off ever.  He needs to go to college first. 

They both just stared at me.  I thought I was funny, anyway.   Too bad my audience was too young to get the joke. 

That's it.  Still cold.  Hoping warm up above freezing tomorrow. 

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I love it. The boys are shmoozin' the ladies already. It's no suprise that those handsome little men are a hit with the ladies already.

    By the way...I have underwear too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee. I posted about underwear today.

    Those boys are looking so grown up!

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers