Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Parenting Class

A flier was sent home with Lucas about an upcoming parenting class for fathers that is offered through Lucas's preschool. 

I think it is a valuable class and I am impressed that the school is able to provide it free of charge.  They also provide free childcare on site along with free dinner (an evening class) and a free book for each of your children, each night you attend.  It is an 8 week course, one day a week.

The reason I mention all this is that on one flier there are some quotes from fathers who attended last year.  Here they are:

"Since this class, I've been staying in control when they do something wrong."
"They're not as scared - don't have that fear in their eye."
"I wasn't putting forth the effort, and now I'm trying to again."

That fear in their eye?  Upsetting.  YAYYY for the preschool for offering a class that I imagine makes a difference for some kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers