Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, January 10, 2011

Fruity and Loopy

Can you spot the problem with this basket of fruit?  This is in the center of our dining table.



Here is another angle.
Judging by the teeth marks I have determined that Nick is the culprit. 

In other news, Lucas climbed up the back of a chair, and then went head over and landed on top of his noggin.  He lost consciousness for a brief period and then when he started to come back around he wasn't able to focus or answer questions or keep his eyes open and when his eyes were open they  were rolling all around.  AJ and I waited and held him for about 20 minutes thinking he'd come out of it and then decided that we were going to play it safe and we took him to the Emergency Department. 

When he first got there he was wobbly and not really able to walk well, but that could have been because he fell asleep in the car.  Shortly after Lucas was checked in, he suddenly was acting just fine.  He was alert and behaving normally. 

The doctor told us that he probably had a concussion and that we needed to keep an eye on him for the next few days.  We were told to bring him back if he starts behaving strangely or vomiting.  She said that since he was behaving normally at that moment that she'd rather not expose him to the radiation of a CT scan at his young age - and I was supportive of that. 

I guess. . . after reading all the discharge paperwork, that they consider a concussion a brain injury.  I did not know that. I don't know why it hadn't occurred to me to classify a concussion as a brain injury.  Thankfully I didn't freak out or panic this time, because you may remember that he did this to me once before and I called 911 when I saw his eyes rolling all around.  This time when his eyes were rolling all over the place it wasn't as scary.  But I'm glad we took him in, just to be safe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers