Do you see this kid? He's throwin' me some gang signs. What the hell is that about?
I need to get Nick one of those old people panic buttons that he can wear around his neck. What are they called? Life Alert? Something like that. Here's why: Yesterday we had some friends over and it was a little noisy. Nick was overwhelmed so I told him he could go hang out in his room for a bit and relax. He happily went off for some alone time and closed his door to keep everyone out.
A few minutes later I suddenly decided to check on him. Call it Momma's intuition maybe. As I went down the hall I heard him faintly calling me. I opened his bedroom door and found him partially buried under his dresser, which had fallen onto him.
Yeah.
I lifted the dresser, with one hand, and got him out from under it, and immediately stripped him down to check for injuries. Thankfully he was just terrified, not injured. He had a bump on his head and that was all.
All the drawers were on the ground, everything on top of the dresser was on the ground. My dear friends picked up the dresser and cleaned up while I held my kiddo and took a big sigh of relief.
Here is the dresser: By the way, the boys have removed all the knobs and I have no idea where they all are. . . they are slowly disassembling my home, one screw at a time.
We have bolted most of our furniture to the wall. All the dressers and certainly all the bookcases are attached to the walls. This is the one dresser that isn't bolted to the wall because we figured it was too low to the ground to pose much of a risk.
WRONG.
Lesson learned. If there is a way to take a ride in an ambulance, they will find it - and they will do their best to give you a heart attack in the process. Then, they will throw some gang signs.
6 days ago







Poor Nick. Poor parents.
ReplyDelete