Lucas refused to take a nap today. Which was fine instead he had "quiet time" in his room with books. But at about 3:00 this afternoon he got upset when we left for the store and didn't bring his car. This is a car that he rides around the house and it isn't something that would have physically fit into our car. So I wasn't just being a bitch, there was a reason I said that we had to leave it home. Anyway. He threw a living fit. So off we go to the store with me thinking that he is going to get over it in a few minutes. WRONG. He just got more and more pissed off.
I told him that we were turning around and going home because I wasn't taking him out into public acting the way he was acting. So then he started yelling HOT DOG HOT DOG! Over and over in between sobs (we were going to buy hot dogs for dinner).
We get home, I unbuckle him and he refuses to get out of the car. So I help him get out of the car.
He is screaming at the TOP OF HIS LUNGS so all the neighbors could hear that he wanted to go back to the store. Once I got him out of the car and closed the door he ran to the back of the car and (still screaming) started to push the car trying to make it go.
I tried to escort him to the front door but he went limp and fell to the ground where he continued to scream in a hoarse sobbing voice.
So I picked him up.
He remained limp and screaming.
I laid him on his bed. He kept screaming.
I closed his door. And now he is asleep.
Thankfully my Mom was available for me to call in the middle of this because I started to get pissed at Lucas until she pointed out how humorous it was. And it was. He was just being a two year old and it wasn't something to get upset about. Thank God for Mom's.
4 days ago





It was humorous. I have to admit I was chuckling as I read this. Can't wait for the "terrible two's". Oh the memories he's creating for you.......
ReplyDelete~Amy
I once yelled and screamed "no one loves me I wish I was dead" for quite some time because I didn't want to walk all the way to Burger King.
ReplyDeleteI was older than two.
Oh my God that is so funny Joanne.
ReplyDelete