Today I was proven wrong.
By my little boy.
Who started cussing like a sailor in a very loud voice.
In the middle of the produce department.
In front of a scornful woman whose eyes I could feel burning holes through my back.
And I can now inform you with a great deal of authority on this subject that he pronounced the word exactly like the little boy on Meet the Fockers. Over and over and over again. And I couldn't get him to stop or even to lower his voice.
My feeble attempt at covering up was this: "Apples? You want apples? Ok honey we will go get you some apples." And off we went. Very fast. And no we didn't stop for apples.
My days of cussing ended several weeks ago. Every now and again I catch myself but I am getting better. Apparently I let another one fly at some point and I don't remember. Crap. I mean golly gee.
Here is Nick flirting with me again. You wouldn't know it but he is trying to get me to give him more teether "wheels". He had just polished off his third one when I snapped this photo.

This is my attempt at capturing my beautiful blond on camera. He reached out and covered the lens. Too bad because he is super cute.





Perhaps you don't know Iffy well enough, but he has in the past been referred to as the "potty mouth Pakistani" I must say though that fatherhood (along with a marked decrease in beer consumption) has made his language clean up quite well. Which is good because I was quite certain that Sara's first word would start with an F.
ReplyDeleteMan. I wish we had hung out more before you moved. We could have all had potty mouths together while drinking lots of beer.
ReplyDeleteOh, and we think it is a blessing that Lucas's speech is delayed because for a while there we too thought that we would be hearing the F-word as a first word. But I am trying hard and getting better.