The rash doesn't seem to be improving. I'm not sure what the time line on these things are, but it has full on spread to his face and eyes. He's got diarrhea and so . . . I'm taking him back to the hospital. Yuck. I just thought that the benadryl would have stopped it by now and maybe it would be retreating or looking better 12 hours into the benadryl. But it's not at all.
The first two pics are from an oatmeal bath around 8:30 last night.


These are from this afternoon. See? It still looks bad. And you can see it has moved up to his face including his eyes and scalp. Really, I don't mean to be an alarmist but the pictures aren't doing it justice at this point. It is pretty ugly and bad. He is terribly uncomfortable.

Ugh. I know you're doing everything you can to make him comfortable. Hope things improve SOON.
ReplyDeleteThanks Amy. They put him on prednisone so that should be helping soon. Hopefully that will stop the spread. Can't put a topical antihistamine on him because he is getting Benadryl orally and he could absorb more through the skin. So we are left with Calamine lotion, which does seem to help a little.
ReplyDeleteI am learning that Nick is just going to be one of those kids that routinely scares the hell out of us. I'm not joking when I say I am truly fearful of the teenage years.