I know this reaction could be worse. It could be life or death, and thankfully it is not. I can't imagine watching my child struggle to breathe. The thought terrifies me. I just hate feeling helpless in our current situation.
Last night Nick spent a good portion of the night trying to claw his skin off because he itched so badly and it burned terribly, and between the crying and pleading of a toddler and us trying to apply cool wet washcloths to his hot damaged skin we didn't sleep. I thought the prednisone was the miracle drug this morning because after we gave it to him in the wee hours of the morning his skin calmed down. But then later in the morning I saw that his face was getting even puffier than before. His eyelids are swollen.
It's like the steroids work for a few hours and then he flares right back up. They said this could last days or weeks and one doctor uttered "a month or more". I'm choosing to ignore the utterance. This just sucks because I can't help him. Nothing is making it go away immediately which as a concerned (*ahem sleep deprived*) and loving Mommy is top on my priority list. Immediate results, where are the immediate results? So we are waiting and waiting and hoping that it will fade. His right foot is still really swollen and red as if a huge hive is residing there permanently.
As you can see not much else has changed. It isn't getting horribly worse so it seems to have frozen in its intensity. Patches come and then fade and then reappear.
I will refrain from posting yet another terrible shot of his back, because it looks the same.
Lucas has been a champ this whole time. He is tired like the rest of us but over all he has been fantastic. I hope he holds up when AJ leaves on Sunday. He has a hard time when AJ leaves, but I'm hopeful that Nick will start feeling and looking better and I will be more rested.
Hey. Next post I might even spare you the photos of the suffering child. That would be nice wouldn't it?





Poor little guy. I hope he's feeling better today!
ReplyDelete