Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Monster Trucks

We were given 4 free tickets to go see the monster trucks!!! The arena is literally 3 minutes from the house so how could you say no? Plus the tickets were in a company "suite" with a fridge and comfy seats. . . . not bad for the Johnson's. I've never been to see the monster trucks before although I always wanted to go see them as a kid. It was a big deal when I'd see the ads on TV for the monster trucks - I kept hoping and wishing that I could go see them. Now a couple decades later I finally went!!!



Wonderful non-toxic, non-cancer causing exhaust filled the air!!! It was great!!!! When we got home our clothes wreaked of fumes, our skin had to be scrubbed to remove the stench but WHO CARES because it was the loud and obnoxious entertainment that I'd always dreamed of. I had a great time.

This is the face of a child who just discovered his love of big trucks. He had so much fun! Lucas has decided he wants to build big trucks. I asked him if he wanted to race them and he very firmly said "No. I want to build them, Mom, not race them."



See this maniac flying through the air? This will be Nick in a few years.


This is the pee-wee racing. This man helped the FOUR YEAR OLD ("Little Rodriguez" as the announcer called him) back onto his bike. It was so cute. His helmet looked like it weighed more that the kid wearing it. Every time the kid would make it over a mound without falling the whole audience would cheer. Adorable. Start 'em young I guess. It might keep the little dare devil out of jail if he has an outlet for his adrenaline needs. This is why I think we need to get Nick into something like this.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the pic of Lucas. That captures the whole day. It's looks like that that make it all worth it. What is it with boys and trucks??????

    PS. I love that they had headphones to cover the boys ears in the suite. Perfect. I bet the little people that had to sit in the stands weren't provided with those. You guys are rock stars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We ARE rock stars. : ) We actually purchased the headphones for an outrageous price. But I am certain that we will be attending more very loud events. AJ is thinking about getting back into his single action shooting so . . . the headphones will be very useful there.

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers