Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, March 5, 2010

Today is Friday

Alright. I'm venting and hosting a big pitty party here. Read at your own risk, because I'm about to spew some bad vibes . . .

I was so glad to wake up this morning knowing it was Friday!! Whoo Hoo. Single parenthood ends tonight when AJ gets home. But then there were complications.
  • Lucas refused to get dressed for preschool. He claimed to be too sick when in reality he felt fine.
  • Lucas refused to get on the bus. (I don't know why he hates preschool so suddenly, he used to LOVE it.)
  • I drive Lucas to preschool - 7:45 am. Still hadn't brushed my teeth, felt kinda yucky.
  • The lady at the gate to the school tells me I need a badge which I had left in the other car.
  • The lady at the front desk was really rude when I interrupted her very important gossip session with her coworkers to ask for a visitor pass.
  • Lucas' teacher snapped at me for opening her classroom door 5 minutes before the start of class. All I wanted to do was ask her about Lucas' new aversion to school! At this point I nearly started crying. After she stopped telling me that she had 5 minutes still before school started, I told her I had a quick question. She was much nicer after she knew I was concerned about Lucas.
  • Nick screams at me for the 20 minute drive to the post office. I needed to do some work for my Aunt and Nick was super pissed off about being in the car seat. You'd think he'd be over this by now.
  • I get really flustered and stressed while driving because I can't get Nick to SHUT UP.
  • Finally get the work done at the post office and bank - 20 minute drive back.
  • Have a meeting with some ladies from my Moms group about Nominations coming up.
  • Leave to get Lucas from Preschool.
  • I'm 3-4 minutes late and Lucas is standing in the classroom about to cry because he thought I wasn't coming.
  • Mommy guilt - big time. I'm still worried about my little man not liking school.
  • Go to Burger King play area to make it up to him.
  • As we arrive a kid Lucas' age is there and he smiles at me with a mouth full of silver teeth.
  • Next thing I know Nick is screaming because the kid stepped on his fingers with shoes on.
  • Get Nick calmed down and Lucas is now crying because he'd just been punched in the side of the head.
  • The Mother is apologetic and so is the kid (SOCIOPATH!!) but play time had ended for my kids. It was time to go.
  • 10 minutes after we got there we left.
  • Kids crying because we were leaving. But I just couldn't see letting that sociopath of a 3 year old have at my kids when the mother seemed completely perplexed by her child. If she were actively watching him that would have been different.
  • Home at 11:45. Dig through the pantry for lunch for the kids.
  • I'm not feeling so hot. I'm guessing Diet Coke isn't such a good breakfast or lunch. Need real food.
Today better improve. I'm still grumpy and a bit resentful that AJ got to go to a movie last night because he was so bored - gotta fill the time on these long work trips. . . I got to stay up with Nick who had a late nap and refused to go to sleep before 9:30 pm. I'm just over this. I'm ready for someone else (AJ) to discipline the kids while I go to a movie because I'm so gosh-darn bored. I'm ready for my back to stop hurting. I'm ready to go a whole day without hearing anyone whining. I ready to sleep - Oh my God I'm so ready to sleep. I'm ready to watch a whole TV show of my choice uninterrupted - and not the kid shows!! I'm also ready for that shower that I never got this morning. . . . I'm ready to wake up in the morning and not have a dirty cat ass in my face. Stupid cats.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry your day sucked :-( I think AJ owes you big time! You need to get out and do something all by yourself this weekend, or even better, AJ could take the kids somewhere like the zoo and let you sleep in, have a shower, make yourself whatever you want for breakfast, and then just veg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Tina - take a night off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kristin. I am sorry that you are having bad days. I so wish we lived closer so we could go out sometime.
    did you ever get to brush your teeth?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really wished we lived closer together too. Maybe one day. . .

    I did get to brush my teeth. And I also got a shower. It really put me in a better mood. And now that AJ is home again things are much better.

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers