Montessori is looking better and better. I can't believe how much pressure kids are under on the conveyor belt of public education. This came home with Lucas today. He has another full year before I have to think about Kindergarten, but wow. He has to be able to identify "sight words"? Why don't they just say that he should be able to read and write? Hell maybe I should just teach him everything first and then send him to school? Does that sound good?
Click on the picture to make it large enough to read.
Tell Lucas that his Aunt still hasn't mastered numbers 3, 5, 6, 8, or 9. And the people who make these kinds of lists have not mastered pulling their heads out of their asses.
ReplyDeleteOkay, now I'm scared. I don't even know what they mean by "sight words."
ReplyDeleteI can't even worry about 'sight words' when Naomi still can't use the bathroom correctly everytime! She still yells thorugh the house for me everytime she uses the restroom.
ReplyDeleteif home schooling wouldnt be such a pain in the ass and crank out a weird kid (probably gonna start a war with that one...) I would seriously consider it.
ReplyDeleteI am not looking forward to school.
I'm looking into partial homeschooling. I know they do it in CA but don't know about here.
ReplyDelete. . . and I'm no longer considering that. It looks like a nightmare.
ReplyDeleteNear my house in Enchanted Hills, Sandia Vista Elementary in RRPS has a Montessori Program that is free.
ReplyDeleteIf you use it for preschoolers, then tuition is $6K per year.
http://www.rrps.net/NewElementa/sandiavista/montessori.htm
Traci