Tonight I completed my resume. It only took . . . . 5 hours and lots of digging through paperwork. Tomorrow I will submit everything.
I feel like I'm ready to go back to work. A full 40 hour week is intimidating though. I would really prefer a part time gig. I don't know how I'd get enough quality time with my boys AND still get dinner and laundry and all the other stuff done with a full time job. Yes AJ would definitely be willing and able to pitch in and do 50% but still it would be very hard to be away from the kids that much.
Many women do it, and are very successful at it. So I thought I'd attempt to get a job and see how it goes. I really feel like Nick needs to be in a preschool with other kids and lots of mental stimulation. He sees his brother going to school and he has a great sense of inequality. And in return he gets very angry that he isn't at school like his brother.
I'm nervous. I've been home with the kids so long, I wonder if anyone will hire me. I don't imagine many people are sympathetic to a person who "used to do it" but hasn't for years because she's been raisin' babies. I am hopeful though.
6 days ago





Those things you used to do you did very well. I hear you on the part time preference. Sometimes I marvel that I ever held a full time job and also did the majority of cleaning, cooking, and errands. Glad to hear that AJ is up for 50%. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteyou'll get a job!!! the park service is pretty damned good about hiring spouses I think. especially in the middle of nowhere. But regardless of spouse or not, you are totally qualified and able to do the job. you have a college degree and you've done it before and are way better that some little straight-out-of-school no work experience teeny bopper!!!
ReplyDeleteI hear ya about working and being a mommy. But it's only seasonal right?? You can give it a try and see how it all works out. It will probably take some adjusting of course, but you are right, it probably WILL be good for NIck. and you too.
and do not even think FOR A SECOND that you should be responsible for all the housework. that is nonsense and poppycock! two full time working spouses need to share that shit!