Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Me blabbering away again

The lady from the moving company came today to estimate how much crap we have.  We have a lot of crap - despite lots and lots of crap removal, we still have a lot. 

She counted chairs and framed pictures and she counted shelves and estimated a percentage of shelf use for each shelf.  It was very thorough.  She reminded me of everything we need to do before the move.  It was overwhelming to hear it all laid out.  All the stuff the won't transport.  They won't even ship the animals.  And she refused to box up the children too!! Geez.  What the hell kind of a moving company is this??

The lady was funny though - she said she had SEVEN boys.  SEVEN.  Yes.  SEVEN.  I asked her what injuries she hadn't seen yet and she laughed in a way that told me she had seen just about everything there was to see.  She told me that she had one crazy dare devil son who was always trying to think of new ways to kill himself.  After she told me this we walked into the living room and saw Nick standing on a kitchen chair rocking it back and forth, trying to see how far he could tip it without it falling over.  She laughed and said that Nick reminded her of her son.  Yeah.  Great.

We have had several people say they want to make an offer on the house  . . . but each person is unable to qualify for a loan and they all want to do a real estate contract.  I don't have time for a real estate contract.  Why bring people over here multiple times if the "buyer" isn't qualified?  That seems like a terrible waste of everyone's time, if you ask me. 

The kids are being super cute today.  I managed to misplace Lucas' library book from school, so I had to sheepishly go into his library and pay for it today.  I had to do it before his class visited the library so that he could pick out a new book just like all the other kids. 

I really don't know where the heck this book went - we don't generally loose books.  They are always either on a shelf, on the floor in front of the shelf, or on the bed with the kids.  Anyway, I made it right with $14.00 and Lucas was able to participate with his class as usual. 

I'm back to feeling swamped with things to do and not enough time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers