Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, March 18, 2011

Interrupted

The kids were out in the court playing again with the neighbors today.  There was as usual a lot of noise when suddenly it was interrupted by a very loud, very forceful bird song.  All of the motorized toys came to a stop.  All the running and yelling stopped.  All the fake sword play stopped.  And all eyes were looking for the source of the call.

It was on the roof next door. I saw the silhouette standing up there. It surveyed the motionless court as if to say "Yo! Little maniacs. Lookie up here and listen up! Yo!" 

Yes in my imagination it was definitely an inner city ghetto bird. 

Anyway.  It was a curve-billed thrasher.  He (she?) was pretty intent on getting attention.  It stood up there for a while singing to us.  All the kids thought it was pretty neat-o.  Especially because it had a reddish eye (I let them use my binoculars because I'm  freakin' awesome with kids - haha!).

Yo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers