Here is the thing: AJ has no ability to circulate body heat in his body. If it is 50 degrees out he shivers. I, on the other hand, shovel snow in negative degree weather in my loose cotton pajama bottoms (mostly due to laziness, and because I have an undiagnosed death-by-pnemonia wish) and still manage to maintain my core temperature.
Lucas and I can't sleep with blankets, even in the winter because we have a functioning circulatory system. AJ an Nick barely survive the nights in the winter without suffering from hypothermia.
(Side story: this is how we sleep in the winter- AJ's totally buried under multiple blankets while I continually throw blankets off of me and sprawl out to dissipate heat. He wakes up and thinks that I must be cold so he throws the blankets back on me. I get violently grumpy (in my sleep delirium) and think he's trying to cook me so I throw the blankets back at him. And so it goes on all night.)
I'm a little worried that AJ and Nick won't survive the cold. Neither one of them have much body fat - which I think is the real problem.
Yesterday I went to Goodwill in a spontaneous attempt to find inexpensive, warm clothes. I freakin hit the jackpot. I loaded up on jackets for the kids to grow into (London Fog, Columbia, OshKosh) for 5 bucks a piece. They look new!!! And fleece - everywhere there was fleece, so I loaded up on fleece too!!! Everyone must be cleaning out their closets which is excellent news for AJ and Nick. The more layers, the better for them (and me too).
Tomorrow I have big exciting plans to hit an even bigger Goodwill in a wealthy area! I'm so devious. But really excited too. I might be able to outfit the whole family in super warm, nearly new clothes for bargain prices! Whoo Hooo!
4 days ago





Good plan to go to the posh neighborhood. My sister finds quality stuff at a couple she can access, but it's just junk at the Goodwill here.
ReplyDeleteIt's all about the hunt!! Bargain shopping is serious business and quite rewarding when you hit the jack pot. Way to go!
ReplyDelete