Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, March 14, 2011

Pets and Fruit

I spoke with a realtor up there.  He basically said that there are very rarely homes for rent that allow pets up there. And most of the homes that allow pets are far far far beyond our price range.  

So.  We have got to sell this house.  Because we can only buy . . . from the sound of it.  Oh.  Hey.  Did you know that the AVERAGE home up there is listed at $430,000 as of this week?  And good news for them - the prices are starting to recover and are rising back to the "normal" levels which were $500,000+ average.

Yeah.

I know.

I see avocado green shag carpet in my future.  With the former owner's fat little spoiled dog's pee stains all over it.  And wood paneling.  I see a sea of wood paneling stained with water from the roof leak that was "fixed" by cousin Mo down on the corner.  I'm also seeing kitchens with two cabinets for all storage needs and a dishwasher that is conveniently on wheels and located in the dining room - how nice.  I see homes that were delivered on wheels, bathrooms with linoleum glued onto the walls instead of wall paper.  I'm seeing basements. . . Oh My God the basements are straight out of a horror movie.  You won't find me going down there at night even though that is where the children's rooms are supposed to be.  Cosleeping is starting to sound good.

You guys think I'm kidding.

I'm not. I'm starting to find the whole thing funny - which is good. 

On a positive note: I am slowly getting excited about moving up there.  I'm still so scared about selling this house in time - but once we get up there it will be ok.  It will be pretty.  Maybe I will learn to fly fish.  Maybe I will become an expert at ripping linoleum off of walls.  I will certainly be canning my booty off when all the berries and fruit trees ripen.  And maybe I will have to duke it out with a giant grizzly bear so that I can get some of the fruit.  That should be fun.  Maybe I will learn how to install and modify an electric fence so that it carries enough volts to scare the crap out of brown bears.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers