Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, March 11, 2011

It Begins

The house is listed.  I'm sad.  I love my house.  I love it to pieces.  It is my little sanctuary and I hate that we are selling it. 

I will get another sanctuary.  It will be awesome too.  But I hate to see this one go - especially when I had planned and envisioned being here for much longer than we were.  We haven't even lived here 2 years.  :-(

It is a little unsettling to see photos of your home up on the MLS website.  All of your furniture and your kids' bedroom with their stuffed animals.  Ugggh.  And now people get to walk through and open drawers and look under the sinks and in the closets.  I am pretty private about my house - I rarely have people over because I like keeping my space as my own.  I am strange like that, I know.

So there you have it.  I hope we sell it fast so that I can stop worrying about getting to MT.  If it doesn't sell, we will stay behind for a while and AJ will go up and start his new job.  That would be very difficult.  But a furnished house is supposed to sell faster than an empty one.  And traveling up 1200 miles to MT with three cats, one dog and two kids in a car would be . . .challenging without AJ.

If it does sell, then we get to move with AJ up to MT together, which would make it easier and smoother.  Then I would have a month to find a place to buy or rent depending on what we find up there. 

I think my anxiety is that I just don't know.  I don't know if we will sell, I don't know when I'm leaving, I don't know if we will buy, or lease, I don't know what it is like up there (I've never been), I don't know if I will be able to find work.  All the unknowns are stacking up and causing me to go crazy.  And yes, I know, I need to not worry about what I can not change.  I need to just trust that it will all work out.  But when it is your life, your kids. . . that is easier said than done.  But I will keep trying to just relax, let people sift through my home (assuming anyone comes to see the house - because there are SOOO many on the market), let time keep on ticking by and try not to panic as we coast into spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers