Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Kids

We went to the zoo yesterday.  When we rolled up to the entrance there was a 45 minute line to get in the gates.  The parking lot was almost full.  So we decided that we would turn and go to the Natural History Museum instead.  It was loads of fun!  We saw dinosaurs that were found locally.  BIG BIG BIG dinosaurs found just a few miles away from my home - which is pretty awesome. 

When we were leaving we saw a restroom, so I asked Lucas if he needed to go potty before we left.  He - I swear to GOD - reached into his pants, right there in the big busy lobby, and began to whip it out.  I stopped him before he succeeded in flashing the entire room but he refused to take his hand out of his pants as we made our way into the bathroom.  As we were leaving the bathroom another little boy was on his way in with his Mom and he too had whipped his penis out in advance of getting into the stall.  I guess this is a common boy thing. . . ?

One thing that I love about this place is all the kids. The boys spent a good 4 hours or more outside in the court with their friends.  There were all ranges of emotions and situations during this play time.  Some kids got hurt, others had their feelings hurt, some didn't share, others were too bossy, most of the time it was the other person's fault - not their fault.  I have a big box of toys to get rid of sitting in our garage.  Several of the kids know this box is there and run in and take toys into the street to play.  Scattered toys everywhere.  I actually love it all.  It is just kids being kids in a safe environment (there is always a parent around somewhere).  The best thing is that they were all having fun most of the time. 

Several of the homes allow their young kids to ride four wheelers, dirt bikes and dune buggies.  That is why little Cesar is wearing a helmet that is half the size that he is.  He went into a garage and tried it on, then refused to take it off.  Kayden - another boy who is 5, was riding his dirt bike around with his helmet on  (and was very skilled!) showing off some tricks that he does when he competitively races.  Yes.  He's five and he races.  His parents are great people and are pretty laid back parents - which so far is turning out a pretty cool kid.

 These last two pictures were taken with my crappy camera on my phone.  It is various kids driving the tractor.  The boys kept taking it 4xing and trying to jump the curb while the girls kept it on the sidewalks and the street.  Boys and girls are so different.  When the tractor got stuck the girls got out and lifted the truck out of the situation, the boys laid on the "gas", refusing to get out, and switched between forward and reverse until the truck was free.  Funny kids. 

We got very mild sunburns.  I hadn't planned on the sun factor.  So tonight I picked up a few bottles of sunblock for the upcoming summer.

I'll leave you with this:
Nick filled the cat food with water and left it for me to find.  The cats were really pissed off.  They pooped in my bathtub to let me know just how pissed off they were.

No comments:

Post a Comment

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers