Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, March 7, 2011

Half Done

Message from the realtor (who we liked):  DECLUTTER

I need to do SOMETHING, anything with my bedroom.  It is ugly (he didn't say ugly).  Maybe hang something on the wall??  Get rid of dog crate.  Clean my closet. . . . and under our bathroom sinks.  Get water/soap spots off of my shower. 

Clean over the washer and dryer.  Get rid of some kid toys.  Separate kids beds into separate bedrooms. 

Clean yard. 

Clean garage. 

Finish painting.

List it soon.

He's right about all of it.  But wow.  I appreciated his honesty. 

This market is brutal.

I included pictures so that you all can make suggestions for improvements.  I am taking all (inexpensive) ideas to heart. 


 UPDATE:  I just spoke with another realtor - who I instantly fell in love with.  She is super reassuring which is what I need for my own psychological welfare.  The other man was very nice and very energetic.  But this lady was telling me how I didn't need to hire a "staging company" because she would tell me what to do and save me some money.  AWESOME!  Love her already.  I have hope again people!!  Hope has been restored. 



3 comments:

  1. kp - one suggestion, get rid of the art and stuff on the fridge "M"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, clean off the fridge for sure. Get rid of dog crate. Maybe the train table can be packed away? If you can put away half of the toys and books without the boys going crazy, do it. If not, get you some large totes and when you have to show the house, throw half of the toys and books in there, put the lid on it, and stick it in the garage. Same with other "clutter" areas. I know it's totally normal to have toothbrushes and stuff out on the counters, but get a little bin and throw all that stuff in there when you are showing the house, and put it in the cabinet. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew, I totally don't envy you right now! But, the house does look good and I really like the color you choose for the living room. Good luck with everything! Where will you be living up in Montana? Park housing or will you buy another house?

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers