Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Ladders


Nick refused to take his bike helmet off for the car ride.  So he looked special.  And we laughed about it.
 
Our little boy is getting so big.  We realized he exceeded the weight limits for the tether system in the car.  He needs a big boy seat belt with this car seat now.  *Sigh*


 
This deer was one of three that were bedded down close to the trail.  She was VERY pregnant.  She showed no signs of wanting to move despite all the rambunctious hikers.  I figured her feet were swollen, she was irritable, and suffering from terrible heartburn.  She had my sympathies.
  


I took Lucas up (and then back down) three of these ladders.  WOW.  It was a little scary seeing my little dude climbing away - totally oblivious to the danger.  But he did great and I was so close to him on the ladder that if he'd fallen I could have caught him.  He is such a great kid.
 
Lucas hung out  in the Kiva for a while.  Every picture I took had these white dots in it.  I think it was all the dust in the air.
 
  



Fun playing in the woods.  They both climbed up the log all by themselves. 

On our way home, about 20 minutes away from home, we got a call from a realtor.  She wanted to show the house in 35 minutes.  She estimated it would take a half hour.  I told her that would be fine. . . and AJ, the kids and I ended up eating take out dinner at a nearby park.  We finally went home, but they were still there, and parked in and in front of the driveway.  We parked in a neighbors driveway and waited. 

I then saw the realtor lady holding Maya (our kitty) as she walked from the back yard into the front yard.  She then knelt down and fumbled to get the lock box open.  I got out of the car where the kids were screaming because it had been a really long day and they wanted to go home, and I walked over and took my kitty out of her arms.  She only said "sorry".  I gave her a dirty look and stomped back to the car with the cat in my arms.  We waited for them to all drive away and then we were able to pull in and unload everyone. 

I later found out from my neighbor, that he had spotted the cat as the realtor locked the house up and was walking to her car.  She then caught my loose cat after a chase where Maya nearly got over the fence and into a dog infested yard.  I am pretty rattled by this.  What if my neighbor hadn't seen Maya?  What if she'd been allowed to escape and went unnoticed.  Unbelievable and scary.  Don't mess with my animals or my kids people!!

I will post some polite but firm notes on the doors to remind people that we still live here and please be careful of our indoor only cats.

It didn't ruin the day though.  We had a great day.  It was so nice to get out and see something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers