Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 19, 2011

In The House

It is becoming more and more difficult to stay in this house during the day.  Mostly because we could get a call and within a half hour the house needs to be ready for people to walk through - open cabinets, look in the closet, go into the laundry area etc.  So in order to keep it clean I hurry up and clean it in the morning, and then try to rush the kids out of the house for an activity so that they and I don't get things dirty/messy. 

Today we were gone for four hours and three people came to see the house in that time.  When we got home we opened the big garage door as we always do, with our arms loaded with snacks and other road trip supplies we walked into the garage and found the door to the house locked. 

Freakin' lookie loos locked us out of our own house.  I don't even know where the garage door key is.

Last night we got a call to come see house and we had just put the pizza into the oven.  It is just so inconvenient.  But necessary.  But inconvenient.  Did I mention that it is a pain in my ass??

Also I have stocked the family up on snow shoes, snow pants, base layers, rain jackets, fleece jackets and hats.  I still haven't purchased gloves, socks or rain pants.  But thankfully we already have snow jackets.  It is unbelievable how much clothing we will need up there. 

They are STILL getting snowed on up there every night and day this week. . . . it will be fun.  It will be an adventure.  And I may just fall in love with it up there as I have down here.  I hope so.  In the mean time I am blowing our tax returns on winter gear so that us pansy ass New Mexicans don't die up there during our first "real" winter.

I went through a terrible 2 week depressed stage after AJ accepted this job where I couldn't talk about it without sobbing hysterically about all the negatives (ask anyone who talked to me and they will confirm that I was a mess).  I'm finally coming out of it and I'm getting really excited about the move.  I feel like this move is causing me to go through the 7 stages of grief. Strange.  It will be very exciting to have all of the outdoor recreational opportunities!!  Plus I started looking up all the animals and plants up there that I've never seen and I can't wait to get out and see them all.

Ohhh hey.  Fun Fact:  Did you know that the lock boxes (that the realtors use to hold your house key) will send a signal to the listing agent's phone every time they are opened by another realtor??  My realtor called me and told me who had been in the house today!  It sent as signal with all of the lookie loo realtor's information.  Really cool.  All this technology is crazy stuff.

2 comments:

  1. Quality winter gear makes all the difference in the world. When I was ten, we moved from Tucson AZ to Fairbanks AK, and did not have good cold weather equipment. Didn't even realize what we had was poor, just knew winter was hell. It wasn't until I got to college and saw what the outdoorsy types were wearing and tried some of it myself that I realized one could actually be comfortable outside in subzero weather. To sum up: it's worth the expense!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh!! Thank you for saying that! I am still not sure what we will need but I know we will need the basics - so I'm researching all the reviews for each item I buy - and hopefully it works out. I really can't be cooped up all winter.

    ReplyDelete

KristinJ. Powered by Blogger.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers