Remember a few weeks back how I was pissed at the eggshell paint because it got dirty? Well I went and put paint splotches all over the walls so I could decide on a different color. And then we suddenly were moving. And AJ turned and laughed at me for the terrible timing of my painting temper tantrum. It is funny. The timing was terrible.
 |
| Messy living room, with random paint colors on the wall - yaaayyy! |
 |
| The boys were helpful in trying to help me try out colors of paint. And, at the time we had all spring/summer finish the job. |
 |
| Two weeks ago we installed some bitchin' lighting and illuminated the heck out of my kitchen with this wonderful soft and warm lighting. I waited 1.5 years to find lighting I liked, and finally did. |
 |
| Now we are in panic paint mode. Up butstin' our bottoms until after midnight. Of course we are no where close to done. |
 |
| The youthful cat grew tired of playing with screwdrivers and pouncing and tackling bits of tape. She made several creative attempts to jump into our paint trays - but we were miraculously able to thwart her attempts at Kitty art. |
 |
| She was so pooped out that even the flash and noise of the camera didn't wake her up. She was truly exhausted, as were we. |
 |
| This is the state of my kitchen. I am tired just looking at it. Somehow we will pull it all together for the Monday morning meeting with the realtor. |
 |
| This morning we had so much help that we were unable to accomplish much. At least our help was adorable. |
 |
| Lucas was in charge of putting the light switch plates back on - and he did a fantastic job. He too is adorable. The kids are sensing our tension and don't understand. So AJ has taken them off to a play land with pizza for lunch to try to make life a bit easier on them. |
I on the other hand will be having fun with some friends for a couple hours today which will be nice. In fact one of my friends called me to ask if I needed a ride and I started crying because I just couldn't make another decision. I need to lighten up. It will all be good. It will all work out. All we can do is our best.
I sooo feel your pain. Just ONCE I'd love to live in a house where I actually get to enjoy my home improvements instead of scrambling to finish them just in the nick of time to meet with a realtor. The good news is your house will look fab! Good luck on Monday.
ReplyDeleteI'm totally impressed that your 4 1/2 year old help handled the switch plates. He has the right pjs for the task!
ReplyDelete